Friday, November 1, 2013

Climbing the Corporate [Stairs]

The office building I work in has about 16 floor.  Not enough to count as a skyscraper, but certainly enough to be the tallest building in the area.  One cool thing is that it has high-speed elevators that rush you to your floor very quickly.  If you take the elevator.

Since Wednesday of last week, I've taken the stairs up to the thirteenth floor where I work.  It takes me about 4 1/2 minutes to make the trip and I'm always breathing heavily by the time I arrive, but I'm not sweating; it's an easy way to get some extra physical activity in my day.

While I was unemployed, I ate pretty poorly and I stopped exercising for a couple of weeks.  My pants don't fit quite as well as they did before I lost my job, but I'm not being caused physical pain by them (which did happen at one point, many years ago).  With the new job came a new desire to be healthy.

In addition to eating better, running a few evenings a week, and doing calisthenics in the morning, I've been walking up the stairs every morning.  It's a simple thing that helps me feel better.  Hopefully, I'll be back to my pre-unemployment level of fitness very soon.

No comments: