Wednesday, November 20, 2013

An Amazing Outpouring of Kindness

I found out yesterday that I have a truly amazing family.  Let me explain.

I had my first appointment with the neurologist yesterday.  He basically confirmed that I had a seizure and has ordered a lot of tests (bloodwork, EEG, MRI, sleep-study, etc.).  On top of that, he told me that I've been breaking the law by driving my car since my seizure.  Apparently in Maryland, whenever someone has a seizure, they have to refrain from driving for at least three months (the time can be shortened if the doctor starts me on a prescription).

I brought up the upcoming tests and that my lack of driving may affect my commute to my supervisor at work and suggested that telecommuting might alleviate some problems.  In response to this, I was given the rest of the week off.  Since I'm a contract employee, I'm pretty sure that means I won't be paid.  The marketing management team is really at a loss for what to do with me right now (it really freaked a lot of people out when I had my seizure), so I don't know what that means for my security with company.

Add to all of this the fact that my body still hasn't recovered enough for me to start exercising again, meaning my anxiety is slowing getting more sway over me.

So, imagine my surprise when I drove up to my apartment and saw that Ian and Amanda are waiting outside with a brand new mattress set!  I was so touched, I actually cried a little bit.  Ian let me know that this was a gift from them, as well as pretty much everyone else in the family (and it was Amanda's idea)!  So, thank you so very much!  I really needed some good news in my life.  With the stress of not knowing what's happening with work or my brain, this was a well-timed, well-thought out gift.

I really enjoyed sleeping on it last night and I look forward to sleeping on it in the future, but the best part is knowing that my family is so wonderful.

1 comment:

Ian said...

I can't find the "Like" button so I guess I'll just post a comment. I'm glad you like the bed. You're welcome (from everyone). I hope the first night was restful.