Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Tuesdays with Media: A Whole Mess of Pictures

I was able to borrow the office camera, so I made sure that I took full advantage of it and took lots of pictures.

Flying over the Chesapeake.

I don't know what kind of berries these are, I was just trying to be artistic.

I saw many houses that had thatch roofs.

A closer look.

About a third of what passed for the "downtown" of the town in which I stayed.

"Apotek" translates to "drugstore," though I think "apothecary" is probably closer.

According to the sign, this boarding school has four main emphases: science, art, extreme, and performance.

I liked the look of the flower in focus in the foreground and the spire out of focus in the background.

A closer look at the school's spire.

A plaque just inside the school -- I didn't know that it was a high school up to this point. After reading this, I left.

"Bibliotekshaven" translates to "library garden." Must be some Latin influence on the language...

The hotel at which I stayed.

The only "selfie" I took.

While I was there for business, my colleagues and I did go on a walk through the woods.




"Vej" (pronounced "vay") means "road" or "way."

This variety of rose was created specifically for Bitten Clausen, the wife of the founder of Danfoss, who recently celebrated her 103rd birthday.

There are more pictures that I took, but I want to sprinkle some of them into other posts, so you'll have to wait before you get to see some more.

I mostly took pictures of stuff that I thought was cool or pretty, but there were a few that I tried to experiment a little.  I hope you enjoyed the first look of Denmark; come back tomorrow for more.

1 comment:

Grandma Bonnie said...

I enjoyed today's presentation and would like to reserve a front row seat for tomorrow's performance.