Monday, April 27, 2015

The Weekend Sad

On Saturday, I slept in until a little past noon.  That wasn't my intention, I just was really tired.  At first I just wrote it off to a result of my insomnia that comes and goes, but there's more going on.

I realized that unless I have plans to do something with friends or family, I mope around my apartment for the better part of every Saturday.  During the week, I have my job to get to and on Sundays I have Church, but I don't have anybody to see on Saturdays on a regular basis.  I don't mean to be dramatic, but if don't have plans for Saturdays, I get depressed.

This has been happening for a while, but I was able to ignore it for the most part.  I could do that because I was separated from my wife and was sad that we were apart and I was trying to work things out.  With us getting divorced now, it's much harder to ignore, or at least I notice that it's gone during the rest of the week.

I'm not saying that I need to start dating right away (I have to wait until the divorce is finalized), but I need to have some buddies to hang out with.  I have some friends in my ward that I am very close with, but they're all couples.  That'll be great when I'm part of a couple again, but it can also make it hard to just drop by.  "Hey, I know you have your family that you want to spend time with, but you should spend time with me instead."

I've already emailed my stake's rep for single adults to try to make some more friends, but after that, I'm kind of stumped.  Have any suggestions?

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Saturday could be planned for shopping for the week, doing the weekly laundry, cleaning you entire apartment, cleaning your car. ironing a shirt for Sunday, planning meals for the upcoming week, going to the Temple, or going to the gym. There are lots of things to do. Make a plan on Friday evening. Saturday could be a very busy day.

Jordan said...

I do use Saturdays for the various things that you've mentioned, but the problem is that I need to interact with people during at least part of the day (at saying "Hi" to people at stores doesn't count).

I have enough THINGS with which to spend my time, but I need to add PEOPLE to the mix.