Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Clean Bill of Health

I went to my doctor yesterday as a follow-up to my last visit about my depression.  He quickly assessed that I have improved to the point of not needing anti-depression medication.  It felt quite good to have my positive suspicions confirmed.

I then explained how when I first moved to the area, it was to find work, so my priority was not on meeting people.  Now that I'm finally secure with my employment again, I need to focus on making friends.  He hardily agreed.  He suggested that I look into either volunteering somewhere or signing up for an activity through the county's community program.  He seemed to think that competition would be good for me for some reason - I didn't bother explaining that I'm not terribly competitive.  The point is that he agreed that I need to be around people on a regular basis in a setting where I can talk to them and get to know them.  Signing up for an activity would give me an obligation to stick to; I just need to figure out what I should do.

I am happy to have my positive feelings confirmed by my doctor.  Now to find something to sign up for!

No comments: