Monday, July 21, 2014

Beautiful Sleep

This weekend had some ups and downs, but probably not enough downs.

On Friday evening, I decided to be nice and I bought dinner for Samuel and myself.  Unfortunately, I also decided to be lazy and I picked up some burgers.  I went to a place that I've been to before, but this time was different and I felt sick the rest of that even and had trouble sleeping that night.

Early Saturday morning, I had to take Samuel to the Bishop's storehouse to pick up his food order.  I was sleepy, but not I've had worse, so I shrugged it off.  Later that day, I made some chocolate cupcakes with chocolate-marshmallow frosting to take with me when I went to visit with the Larsens that night.  Amanda had a training to go to early in the morning and I since Ian was her ride, I stayed the night so the kids wouldn't have to be woken up.  However, even though I enjoyed my time seeing them again, I was still dealing with that lousy hamburger from the night before and I couldn't sleep.  While I did finally fall asleep, my adorable niece and nephew woke me up much earlier than I was comfortable with.  I visited a little bit longer while I ate breakfast and then I headed home.

I got home in time to meet my home teachers for a scheduled visit.  During the visit, I was getting more and more tired.  I just ignored it, but when I got up to show the two brothers out, I suddenly felt exhausted.  I said a prayer asking if I should go to church or make arrangements and sleep and felt that I should do the latter.  While Samuel was showering, I called and found him a ride and got a replacement teacher for my Sunday School class.  It wasn't long after Samuel was out the front door that I was out cold.  I awoke feeling much better.

I missed attending church and teaching my lesson, not because I visited with my family, but because I had an upset stomach from some bad food.  In the future if I'm feeling lazy, I should probably just eat some ramen.

No comments: