Wednesday, July 23, 2014

All By Myself

Lately at work, I've been the only one in the office all day.  All of my coworkers are either working from home or are on vacation.  It's kind of weird being in the office alone.

I've thought about staying home and working in my pajamas, but I don't for a few reasons:

1. I don't have a desk and ergonomic chair in my apartment, so working on my work laptop all day would not be nearly as comfortable.
2. By being out of the house during the main part of the day, I can turn off the air conditioning and still be comfortable in the office while saving money.
3. With my work so close, it's not like it's a burden to make the commute anyway.
4. I work better when I'm in the office.  There's too many distractions at home and it would be way too easy to justify not being on task.

So, that means that I have to be all by myself while at work.  Worse things have happened.  And, admittedly, I only occasionally interact with my coworkers anyway, so it's only weird in the fact that I can't hear other people walking around.

No comments: