Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Invaders!

Do you remember how I had to regularly deal with water bugs when living in Oklahoma?  I never posted about it but it was a constant struggle because my landlady didn't think it was a big deal (even though having innocuous insects attracted scorpions on four separate occasions).  Thankfully, I haven't seen a single water bug since leaving the Sooner State.  Now I get to deal with stink bugs.

The thing about stink bugs is that they are clumsy, which is nice because it means that they announce themselves when they're nearby.  As long as I can kill them quickly, they don't have a chance to emit their stink - according to the Wikipedia page linked to earlier, the "stink" smells like coriander, which doesn't sound too bad to me.

Even if stink bugs to start showing up more and more, I still prefer them to water bugs or houseflies.  At least for now.

No comments: