Monday, May 1, 2017

Successful Transition

I've been taking my medication at the increased dosage for about a week now and I've had some trouble adjusting. At first, I was exhausted all the time. Well, it felt that way at least. I was constantly dragged down by the kind of fatigue that made me feel like I had low blood-sugar and needed to take a nap -- while eating would lessen the feeling for maybe an hour, I wasn't able to fall asleep during the day and I often had trouble sleeping through the night. Even stranger, I had what I described as a "floating feeling," wherein the top of my head felt like it was floating above me (not detached from the rest of me, just that the floating sensation didn't extend down to the rest of me). However, all of these weird feelings lessened on Saturday and on Sunday, I felt completely normal.

I'm grateful that my medication is working properly again and I can live my life without having to worry about my epilepsy. Hopefully the current dosage will be a longterm solution and I won't have to keep increasing the dosage every year.

No comments: