Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Blessed

On Sunday, Leah asked me to give her a blessing to help her get over a cold she’s been fighting for a little over a week. I was happy to oblige. When I sealed the anointing, the words the Spirit gave me to say felt like they were meant as much for me as they were for her.

I said that when the two of us met, it was no accident: we met as soon as we were ready -- and God had been preparing us for each other for quite some time. I also said that our upcoming marriage was divinely appointed and that, while it would not always be easy, we would be happy. I choked up at this glimpse into the future, feeling the Spirit confirm the words as I said them.

When I got to the part about her cold, I basically said, “You’ll get over it when you get over it.” The words were much kinder than that, of course, but I was surprised that I wasn’t prompted to bless her in any way regarding her health. But maybe I shouldn’t have been: we receive the blessing we need, not the one we want.

It was a beautiful experience and it only strengthened my love of this wonderful daughter of God.

No comments: