Friday, April 28, 2017

Photoshoot

A couple of weekends ago, Leah and I met with our wedding photographer Courtney to take our engagement photos. We decided to take our photos at Jerusalem Mills, a so called "living history destination" with lots of different buildings and landscapes for varied backgrounds. We were originally planning to do the photoshoot two weeks earlier, but had to push it back due to rain, though I'm glad for the delay -- the extra two weeks allowed for more plants to come out of hibernation and made everything look more like spring.

We had scoped out the site ahead of time to plan where exactly we wanted to take pictures. Plus, Leah looked to Pinterest for inspiration on poses. When we met with Courtney, we were full of ideas. We ended up staying there for over three hours and took well over 600 pictures (while that is a lot, many of them are duplicates as we worked to get each pose just right). So far, only five pictures have been edited, but I'm really happy with the way they turned out.

This is my least favorite -- I'm clearly in the middle of talking and it makes my mouth look weird 

Getting this silhouette image was my idea (and supposedly that covered bridge is haunted, but I didn't notice anything) 

Gotta show off that rock! 

I like how you can see the short, green grass in the foreground and the tall, brown grass in the background 

This is my favorite one so far. Getting the pose just right took a lot of adjusting, but I'm really happy with how it turned out

I'm really happy that we went with Courtney for our photographer, though Leah did the legwork to find her. And according to Courtney, we were really good clients: she said that the fact that we were up for anything made her job easier and a lot more fun.

With how good these are, I'm excited to see how the rest of the pictures turned out.

No comments: