Friday, March 18, 2016

Hearing Date

I originally filed for divorce back on March 23, 2015.  Finally, nearly a year later, I have a hearing date.  I was hoping to have things wrapped up by the end of this month, but apparently, that was expecting too much.  My hearing date is in the middle of May.

In some ways it's depressing that the hearing is still so far away, and yet, I'm not saddened by it.  While it's not as soon as I wanted it to be, I do finally have a date.  Time will crawl forward and before I know it, I'll be standing in court.  I know that after the hearing, there will still be some time while everything is being processed before I'm officially single, but that will be a week or two at the most.

I guess I should keep my eyes open for good places to take a first date during the summer, because I plan on going on a lot of first dates.  And now I know when I can start.

No comments: