Wednesday, March 16, 2016

And Now We Meet Around the Board Game

Last night was game night at Mike's house.  I met Mike and Rob, along with two of Mike's coworkers, Joe and Jason.  Mike, Joe, and Jason are all salesmen for Vivint Solar and Rob is a professor that trains new professors how to teach.  An interesting group, but I was able to find things on which we related, so there was always something about which to talk.

The game that Mike chose was Chicago Express, a game about buying stock in railroad companies and building track to Chicago.  Because there are multiple stocks per company, the dynamic of the game was constantly changing: a rival could sudden become a teammate if they buy a share of stock in your company.  I didn't win, but I still had fun.

I usually try to go to the gym during the week to help keep my spirits up, but I'm glad I took a night off and had some fun with some friends.


1 comment:

Marc R. said...

Sounds like great therapy.