Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Licensed to Travel

A couple of months ago, I was in a meeting with the head technical writer at Danfoss (she's located at company headquarters in Denmark and we were teleconferencing).  She made multiple references to the fact that I was an important asset for the company and that she wanted to have visit the main office and meet the rest of her team.  Nothing was planned, but I decided that it was probably a good idea to apply for a passport so I wouldn't be in a rush later if an actual meeting was scheduled.

Last week, an actual meeting was scheduled.  I was asked to visit the land of my forefathers and present a couple of projects I've been working on since I joined the company in December.  I'm feeling a mixture of emotions (excitement, anxiety, pride, nervousness, happiness) about being important enough for my company to fly me over four thousand miles away, but I was also worried that even though I had submitted my application and my check to the State Department had cleared, my passport wouldn't be approved in time.  Yesterday, I came home to find my brand new passport in my mailbox.

This whole experience, from applying when I did to the recent praise I've been receiving, is another confirmation to me that this is the job that I moved Maryland for.  This has been an amazing experience so far and it just keeps getting better.

No comments: