Friday, January 2, 2015

In the Proper Order

I've mentioned before that I strongly feel that my job with Danfoss is the job that I moved to Maryland for, but I've been thinking about that lately and I've decided that everything that's come before was also important.

I moved to Maryland in March of 2013 and stayed with Ian and Amanda while I looked for work.  The following May, I start my job at RJM Engineering.  I immediately started looking for a place of my own and I move in the next month.  I chose a place near to my work to allow for an easy commute.

By moving into my apartment, I became a member of my current ward where I met so many good people and made life-long friends, including the Simciks.  This ward is very important to me and the people have all been very supportive and I don't want to move when my lease is up, even if that means a shorter commute.

After my job at RJM ended, I got a job in Baltimore with Prometric.  To simplify my commute, I signed up for an EZ-Pass, an electronic toll-payer.  By using the EZ-Pass, I saved time and money when I took a particular toll road each day.

After my contract was cancelled with Prometric and I went through a dark period of unemployment, I started working at CAS Severn.  There were some ups and downs while I was there, but I learned a lot, especially with regards to communicating with my bosses and managing my stress.

Finally, I got the job at Danfoss.  It's a job that I was only qualified for because I had built up my work experience as a technical writer.  It's also a job that I better understand how to do because I had learned a lot at the shorter-lived jobs.  And yeah, I take the same route as I did to Prometric (though my exit is much farther away), so having the EZ-Pass was an important step, too.

So while this is the job I moved to Maryland for, I wasn't ready for it until now.  This is just another example of the Lord's wisdom in the way our lives unfold.  I'm really happy that I obeyed the prompting to move out here to look for work and I eagerly await what the Lord has in store for me this year.

No comments: