Monday, January 26, 2015

New to Me

On Tuesday of this last week, I bought me very first car.  Every car that I've ever driven has either belonged to someone else or was a gift to me from someone else.  I've never bought a car on my own.  Until now.

Ian has been very kind in helping me out with having something to drive, but I've had multiple repairs done on the Echo and, since the car was in his name, the payments I was faithfully making weren't even helping my credit rating.  He recommended that we look into getting me something better, something that could be in my name, and something I could actually afford.  So we looked around and found something that fit that criteria.

The other criterion was that it had to be as small as possible.

It really is an exciting experience owning my first car.  Yes, technically I don't own it yet since I'm financing it, but it's in my name and I am financing it, which are important distinctions.

Not only is this previously owned car new to me, but the experience of buy a car is new as well, and it's great to finally go through it.

No comments: