Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Year of the Blog

I started keeping a schedule with my blogging in early March 2013, just before I moved to Maryland.  Since then, I've been posting at least three days a week.  Occasionally I've missed a day, but every time that's happened I've written a make-up post.  Add to that, "Tuesdays with Media" that lasted for nearly three months, and you get even more posts.

According to my math, if I posted three times a week for the entire year, I'd have 156 posts completed.  According to Google (who hosts my blog), this is my 168th post of the year.

Also of note, I wrote and posted eleven short stories in 2014 (there were twelve stories posted, but one was written back in 2009).  Before this year, I had written and posted three stories, and one was a class assignment.  In fact, prior to last year, I don't think I had ever written any short stories that weren't for a class assignment.

This blog has helped in other ways, too.  I don't always have the best memory, but with this blog, I'm able to review experiences that I've written about.  I've even used this blog to help me get the dates right of past jobs that I've worked when applying to new jobs.  I've also written essays on topics ranging from women portrayed in films to my position about being labeled a "millennial," which helps me better understand what I think on the matters.

So thank you, dear readers, for giving me a place to practice my writing and organizing my thoughts.  As mentioned above, this blog has been very helpful for me.  Let's see if we can't do even more posts next year.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Yes! I look forward to reading your blog.
=0)