Monday, December 29, 2014

More Than Friends

I stopped by the Simciks' home last night to drop something off and was invited inside.  I'm invited in pretty much any time I stop by for any reason, so I wasn't really surprised by it this time.  What I was surprised by was the fact that they had other members of their family over visiting and they were all sitting at the table, having just finished dinner.

I was really embarrassed for interrupting their time with family and said that I would be on my way, but they insisted that I sit down and join them for dessert.  I protested a little more, but before I knew what was going on, I was sitting at the table and meeting the other members of the family.  My simple drop-off turned into a nearly hour-long visit.  One of their daughters, who was visiting from college and I've talked with several times, even told me that she thinks of me as her brother.  I have never had any friends before where I was so welcomed by every member of the family that I'm practically a member myself.  And the best part is that the feeling is mutual.

I don't get see too many members of my actual family very often, so it's nice to know that I have another one so close by.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I am so glad we got to meet them. I was so impressed with how they opened up their home to us. Their kindness was greatly appreciated.