Monday, August 18, 2014

Played Like a Fiddle

Last week, Ian and I were making plans to meet up so that we could visit with our sisters, Margot and Paige (don't worry, I'll post about that later on).  As we were corresponding through email, I asked Ian if I should bring a lunch, or just eat ahead of time. This was his response:
just eat a head of time.
Seeing the typo, I shot back with this:
Time comes in clusters called "heads" and they're edible? Where does one procure a head of time and what is the proper manner in which to prepare it for consumption?
I made it clear that this was meant as harmless teasing and closed the email.  After we met up, he referenced my joke about time coming in "heads."  I told him that I meant no harm in it, just that I couldn't resist pointing out his typo.  This is when Ian revealed that it was an intentional typo that he included to entice me to correct it.  It was bait and I swallowed it.

Here I was thinking that I was playing a joke on my brother when in reality, he was playing a joke on me.  Well played, sir.  Well played.

1 comment:

Marc R. said...

That sounds like a bluff to me. It was a mistake, and he was covering with bravado. ;-)