Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Be Prepared

During Sunday School, one of the sisters in the ward mentioned that because she works, she isn't able to prepare her kids' lunches for them everyday, so she makes them all at once for the whole week.  My first reaction is that her kids should probably help her out by making their own lunches (at least the older ones; at least one of them is in high school).  My second reaction was that I should totally do that, too.

The routine I had been employing had been to prepare my lunch the night before, but preparing for the week has made my evenings a lot easier.  My mornings go smoothly, too, since I got my breakfasts ready for the week.  I mix all of the dry ingredients for my oatmeal (oats, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and raisins) and put it in a travel bowl.  In the morning, I just grab a bowl, dump the contents into the rice cooker, add the required water, turn it on, and keep getting ready.  When the cooker is done, I have breakfast and, because of the casual nature of the office I work in, I can even take it with me and eat it at my desk.

I enjoy going to Church for the spiritual uplifting that I receive, but it's a nice bonus when I pick up tips that make my day go easier.

No comments: