Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Success for Everyone

Apparently, success is something that needs to be shared.  As you know, I very recently landed a technical writing job, having been looking since graduating back in July.  While that's great, I'm not the only one who is seeing their hard work pay off.

Bryan, my oldest brother-in-law (I mean that he's been my brother-in-law longer than any of the others, though he has been alive the longest, too), has just graduated with an MBA in marketing from BYU Provo.  Not only has he completed a degree that only around 7% of US population has attained, but he's already landed a job.  In a recent text he told me "I'm going to Mars."  While he'll be working for the food company and not the red planet, that's still an awesome quote.  I offer my congratulations as well as wish him and his family the best of luck with their future.

That's not all.  Felicia, my youngest sister-in-law (meant the same way as with Bryan, but also works both ways) just finished her certification to be a CNA.  As I have worked with people who were studying towards the same goal, I know what kind of accomplishment that is (plus, after her training, there is pretty much nothing left that can gross her out).  I don't know if she has a job already lined up, but I know that nurses are always in demand so I'm sure if she hasn't found something yet, she will soon.

Finally, Ian has had some small success recently as a voice-over artist.  He did some freelance work that he found online and he's now the voice for an upcoming sale for a local-area Sears in Arizona.  It's rather strange hearing him do it with all of the super cheesy music and sound effects.  This is a smaller achievement compared to the others, but it's still nice that he enjoyed doing it and he'll be on the radio.

I know that my faithful readers come here to get updated on me, but this is a good outlet to be able to praise the successes of others and I would be selfish to not do just that.

3 comments:

isaac said...

yay for employment!

Marc R. said...

A very positive post.

Margot said...

Thank you for this post, it was lovely.

And congratulations on your job! We're all thrilled for you.