Monday, June 27, 2016

Diagnosis: Allergic

I think I know what caused my rash: laundry detergent.  I haven't had a reaction to detergent since I was in middle school and the rash was big and splotchy, which is why I didn't make the connection right away.  And like when I was in middle school, it was detergent that I have been using for a while.  In addition to the rash and maddening itch, my ears swelled up on Sunday.

Having connected the dots, I went to the store after church and bought some hypoallergenic detergent and some topical benadryl.  Both helped a lot, though the rash is only slowly going away.  Along with washing my clothes and applying the cream, I took a benadryl tablet last night, called in sick to work, and took some more benadryl this morning.  As a result, I slept a lot today.  I did finally make it to urgent care and I got a steroid.  A lot of the rash has already subsided, though my ears are still red and puffy.

Now the real test is to see if all the bumps go away.  If not, I probably have a different problem that's hitting me at the same time...

No comments: