Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A Real Pain in the Neck

I don't know what I did, but I have a knot in my lower neck.  More specifically, it's in the middle head of my trapezius or maybe in the upper part of my rhomboid major.  I've had it for a few weeks, but it was barely noticeable before.  Starting yesterday, it really intensified.  I've used a foam roller, I've stretched, and I've popped my back a few times, but nothing has brought me real relief.  It's getting to the point that I'm having trouble turning my head to check my blind spots when I'm driving -- I still do it, I've just added a cry of pain to the movement.  I had a massage a couple of weeks ago while it was still just annoying; it helped a little, but the masseuse didn't speak enough English for me to communicate where the pain was and she just massaged everything.  I'm looking into chiropractors, but my mobility is severely limited right now.

(Also, summer is officially here because I found the first wolf spider of the year.  This one was about as big as the last one, but I handled it much better than last time: I smashed it in one whack with the underside of a frying pan.)

1 comment:

Grandma Bonnie said...

I have had good experience with chiropractors. Congratulations on your Nimrod experience.