Monday, April 25, 2016

The Tongue Says: I'm Bored

I like to cook and I'm good at it, but by the time dinner time rolls around, I'm usually pretty beat.  My strategy I have been using is to cook a bunch of food at once and reheat it as necessary, but reheated food never tastes as good as when it's fresh.  Last week, I tried preparing the ingredients to dinner ahead of time so all I would have to do is cook everything.  That worked pretty well, but I only prepared one meal and I got bored of it after a few days.

This week, I planned ahead better.  I came up with four different recipes (well, I found two on the internet and came up with the other two) that I can cycle through during the week.  I bought all of the ingredients on Saturday and did a lot of chopping, mixing, cooking, and mashing on Sunday.  I haven't sampled anything new yet, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how well this experiment works out.

No comments: