Thursday, July 9, 2015

Lost Airtime

I suffer from a form of sleep apnea where my brain gets lazy and forgets to tell my body to breathe.  It's weird, since occasionally I'll wake up and realize that I need to inhale, but for the most part it just means that my sleep is not very restful.

In an attempt to sleep better, I recently tried listening to an audio-only hypnosis session.  I've tried being hypnotized in the past, but I've never been able to fully achieve "trance," but it's been a while so I thought I'd try again.  This time, I was able to become very relaxed and there were a few times that I nearly went under, but each time I stopped breathing.  Not breathing is distracting, to say the least, so I woke up enough to breathe, which prevented me from enjoying the full experience.  It was still relaxing and I easily fell asleep afterwards, but I was aware of what was going on the whole time.

As far as methods to sleep better go, hypnosis is probably a fine one, but only if you remember to breathe.

No comments: