Monday, July 13, 2015

Day of Unremembrance

Saturday was the sixth anniversary of the day that Allison and I married.  I have some mixed feelings about that.

On the one hand, it's a reminder that, despite all of the effort we both put in, our marriage failed.  On the other hand, if I forgot the date of one of the major events in my life thus far, I guess that means I'm moving on.

I suppose then that it's appropriate that I recently refiled for divorce.  I made some mistakes about how I handled the first filing (including taking too long to respond), but I think I've worked out the kinks this time.  The good people of Howard County, Maryland (the county I was living in when I filed) were even nice enough that they didn't charge me a new fee for refiling, which certainly helped.

Divorce is weird, so hopefully this chapter of my life will soon be finished and I'll be able to start the next one.  [Spoilers: I hear the next chapter has romance!]

*"unremembrance" is a recognized, English word, just an infrequently used one

No comments: