Friday, March 13, 2015

Two Years

On this day in the year 2013, I moved to Maryland.  A lot has happened in the 730 days since I first became a Marylander.  For those of you who are just joining us:
  • I've been employed by six different companies, two of which were temp agencies.
  • Despite all of the companies I've worked for, I've gone through two long bouts of unemployment.
  • I've made some very good friends in my ward.
  • I've been to the ER thrice.
  • I've had a seizure.
  • I've had multiple beards and grew my hair down to my chin.
  • I've acquired a roommate.
  • I've really developed my skills as both a baker and a chef.
  • I've improved my credit enough to finance my own car for the first time.
  • I've been a Gospel Doctrine teacher for over a year.
  • I've received many significant personal revelations.
  • I've decided, along with Allison, to move forward with getting divorce.
That's a lot of things.  Some of them are really, really good and some of them are very unfortunate.  Regardless of where they fall on the spectrum of positivity, all of these things have shaped me into the man I am today.  And while it can be debated what kind of man that is, one thing I can say with certainty: I am a better man today than when I first moved to Maryland.

Maryland's motto could be, "A place where men become better."

No comments: