Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me

As promised, dear reader, I will reveal what was done in celebration of my birthday this weekend.  First of all, we had to postpone the trip to DC to visit a museum (I had decided on the Smithsonian American History Museum) due to a necessary trip to the doctor because Henry had an ear ache.  Totally necessary and totally fine.

Instead I went here:


Ian and I went to the DC Temple in the morning and it was what I really needed.  The DC Temple was very beautiful and it was great to go with my brother again.

That was great, but there was more:


Amanda went to Sprinkles and bought me some birthday cupcakes.  That was the first one that we all split.  Yes, that cupcake was split five ways and it was not disappointing.  It was super rich, so only a fifth of it was actually totally satisfying.

After the kids were put to bed, the grown ups had Chinese food and watched a movie (it was entertaining enough).  All in all, not a bad birthday.

1 comment: