Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Music (Missing)

Beck's music was fun, but it wasn't until I really listened to "Missing" that I connected with his music.



First off, this is a samba, which is weird for a rock/folk/alternative musician to produce. But it works. The lyrics are melancholy, but they're the kinds of feelings that everyone has experienced: you're living your life and doing the best you can, but something just isn't quite right and you can't figure out what it is; all you know is something is missing.

It's a beautiful song and to this day it's my favorite Beck song, who just so happens to be my favorite musician (can I call him a band? He has a band that he performs with, under the title, Beck, so does that make them the band Beck? Whatever.) With this song, something that was missing for me (having a favorite band) was now restored. As strange as it may sound, I felt complete in a way that I hadn't for a long time.

No comments: