Friday, July 29, 2011

Music (Go With The Flow)

Now that my musical journey is over (or at least current), I decided to continue the topic of music by simply writing about songs that are meaningful to me or that I simply like.

While Allison and I were dating, her little brother, Tom, was given the video game Rock Band as a gift one Christmas. Allison and I played through the game (on easy, I think) with her on vocals and me on the guitar controller (occasionally Tom would join in on drums). One song that I had heard before, but never enjoyed until that first play through, was the Queens of the Stone Age's "Go With The Flow":



We both really liked it. I liked its fast pace and use of guitars. I also liked the lyrics, how they seem a bit bizarre, but you can hear the theme of regret and longing (the lines towards the end, "I want a new mistake / Loses more than hesitates" work especially well). I searched out some of their other songs and I really liked what I found.

Who knew that a video game would change my taste in music?

No comments: