Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

On Friday night, all of the wards in the Baltimore area had the opportunity to attend an Orioles game as part of Mormon night.  These sorts of events happen all over the country (including in the land of my nativity, San Diego), so it was nice to be a part of it here.


As you can see in the above picture, we had seats just right behind home plate, which made following the game easy.  Unfortunately, we were way up in the nosebleed section.  Still, I had a bird's eye view of the whole thing.

The first inning was really exciting, with the Orioles scoring five home runs to the Houston Astros' one.  After that, however, the Astros just kept getting home run after home run.  The final score was 8-15, with Houston winning.

Even though the O's didn't perform as well as I'd hoped, I still had a great time.  I sat with Leah and her mom, along with one of Leah's best friends, Katie, and her husband David.  Plus, lots of other people from my ward were there, too.

David, Katie, Leah, me
(Leah's mom, Debbie, had stepped away)

Baltimore pride!

I still don't consider myself a sports guy, but I'm always up for going to a baseball game, especially when the company is so nice.

No comments: