Friday, August 12, 2016

Slight Return

My eczema came back.

Kind of.

The eczema returned, but not where it had been before.

Let me start over.  As I previously related, I treated the eczema with steroids, both oral and topical.  The medication worked and my skin healed.  However, once the treatment ended, the rash started showing up in new places: instead of my upper arms, the rash was on my lower arms; instead of my torso, it was on my legs; etc.  So, the treatment worked, but I need to treat everything.  Thankfully, I was able to get back in to see my dermatologist on Monday and get a new round of 'roids.  She agreed with my assessment -- that the treatment took, just not thoroughly -- and was reasonably confident that this would be the end of the eczema (her estimation is that there's a 25% chance of it returning; not bad odds, considering).

So, I should soon be rash-free.

Again.

No comments: