Monday, May 11, 2015

Sharing Food and Experience

Yesterday, I attended dinner at the home of the other counselor of the Teacher's Quorum, along with Samuel and a couple that I didn't know.  The food was lovely (homemade fish tacos), but the company was even better.

And that surprised me.  The other couple that I was introduced to were friendly enough, but the missus was a bit aggressive in her friendliness.  While I have gotten better about warming up to people, I still need some time before I feel comfortable around someone new.  This particular woman did not share that point of view and that made my discomfort levels rise.  Over the course of dinner, however, I relaxed and became more comfortable and even shared some personal things about myself.  After Samuel mentioned that he was separated from his family, the topic turned to me and my marital status.  When I shared my situation, the woman that had made me feel uncomfortable earlier told me that she and her husband had both been divorced before they married each other and that even though they had had their struggles, they were happy they had found each other.

It's interesting to find other people that can relate with what I'm going through and to receive encouragement from them.  I know I'll find the woman that I should be with when the time is right, but is still nice to be supported by people that have already walked the same path.

No comments: