Friday, May 29, 2015

Almost Finished

On Wednesday, I had a meeting with a project managers, Nick, to discuss the status of a project I've been working on.  The project in question is a catalog focusing on products designed for carbon dioxide or CO2 as the refrigerant.  This is a big deal because in 2020, the most popular refrigerant in the country, Freon or R-22, will have huge restrictions placed on it's usage in the US, leading to a lot of people looking for an alternative.  CO2 never really picked up in the US, but it's very popular in Europe, so Danfoss is getting ready for people looking for a change.

Anyway, Nick reviewed what I had submitted and realized that we're nearly finished with the document.  If my face is hard to read, Nick is mannequin.  He doesn't get excited, he doesn't get angry, he just looks contemplative.  However, with the news that we were nearly ready to submit the catalog to a designer for the final mock-up, he was nearly giddy.  I was half-expecting him to start giggling (sadly, he just grinned broadly).  I thanked him for the enthusiasm and he admitted that he'd been trying to get this catalog put together for the last three years, but it took getting a technical writer to make it happen.

The lesson I learned from this experience is that technical writers can make all your dreams come true.

No comments: