Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Like Driving on a Flat

I ran fifteen miles last week, though I split it between two days.  I also bought some new running shoes in an attempt to better protect my tweaked left knee.  Despite the fact that I should know better, I wore my new shoes without first breaking them in.

Ew.

When I came in from my run on Saturday, I had four blisters and two almost-blisters on my feet.  I lanced, drained, and bandaged everything because I still got to walk and walking with squishy pustules isn't practical.  You might think this would have stopped me from running this week, but nope!  On Monday, I ran another 7.5 miles and came home to lance, drain, and bandage my feet again.

I've written before about why running is important to me, so despite the annoying interactions my feet are having with my new shoes, I don't plan on stopping any time soon.

No comments: