Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Good Work

Recently at work, I was asked for an update on one of the assignments I'm working on by the project manager in charge.  I didn't have much to show, as I had been focusing my energies on another project, but I delivered what I had.  I'd noticed that this particular project manager tends to print things out and post them around his desk, so I printed the current draft, along with the previous draft, and delivered them both so as to make the changes more obvious.

I pointed out that most of what I had done had been to update the images and add a missing table, but otherwise, it was very similar to the earlier draft.  Even so, the project manager was impressed with the changes I had made and the initiative I'd taken in updating the images (since Danfoss is headquartered in Denmark, a lot of the measurements are given metric units first, with imperial units in parentheses; I simply reversed the order as they appear in the illustrations).  His response was simple but straight forward: "Good work, Jordan."

It may seem like a minor thing, but it feels so good to be getting positive feedback at work again.  What can I say?  I really like this job.

No comments: