Monday, November 10, 2014

Easy-Peasy

Remember that temp job that I had to interview for?  I interviewed for it on Friday.  As soon as I was done, I drove to the temp agency's office to drop off a form that they needed to have on file.  The drive took less than ten minutes and by the time I got there, the office I had interviewed had already called to say that they wanted me for the job.

There is one downside: I wasn't allowed to say that I had found a permanent job and I'd only be doing data-entry for them for three weeks.  While I'll be doing work for this company, I technically count as a service provided by the temp agency, which is my real employer.  I mention this because I was advised by my case-handler to not mention when I'll have to be out of there.  The reasoning is that it's better for the client-company to get an over-qualified worker for a few weeks than be stuck with someone mediocre the entire time.  That is not my preference for handling things, but it wasn't my call.

Ultimately, I see the temp job as a great blessing during this last leg of unemployment. Hopefully I'll live up to the hype.

No comments: