Friday, November 20, 2015

Tried and Tested

Yesterday was the company luncheon.  As promised, I made the new recipe I posted on Monday.  So how did they turn out?

Better than the first recipe, but they're not my favorite.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, it just means that for my pallet, they don't do the trick.  Even so, the new recipe was much better than the original.  The oatmeal made the cookies chewier, the orange zest brought out the tartness of the cranberries but otherwise went unnoticed, and the reduced sugar helped the cookies to achieve a better balance.

All of the cookies were gone by the time the luncheon was over, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone loved them.  I've established a reputation for myself as a skilled baker and several people asked me what I brought so they could have a taste.  I only got feedback from two people (who had nothing but positive things to say), so I can't speak for the others.

Even though this recipe isn't my favorite, it was a lot of fun to make something that was created specifically for me and I hope to get the chance to help build a recipe again in the future.

No comments: