Friday, June 13, 2014

Governmental Surprise!

Apparently this is the week of Samuel.

So I posted on Wednesday that Samuel would have to wait three weeks before being issued his work visa, but apparently the government is so slow that even though he just barely received his notice of approval, his work visa came yesterday.  Not only that but he made arrangements with our Elder's Quorum President to go to the Social Security office tomorrow to have a number assigned.  Not only only that but he has a a job lined up as a dishwasher at a local restaurant and starts next week.

When I found out the news, I gave him a high-five, though he didn't seem to know what that meant.  As someone who has struggled with looking for work and has had to rely on the kindness of others to get by, I can empathize with his plight, but I also know the joy of being able to provide for yourself, even just a little bit.

The next step is to get him in own place and get his family out here.  While his personal journey may have many step still to go, he's made several large strives recently and I'm very happy for him.

No comments: