Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Food Guru

As I was leaving work yesterday, one of my coworkers, Chelsea, stopped me to ask a question.  I was not happy with the idea of staying late, but I paused so she could ask her question.  Instead of being a work-related question, however, she wanted cooking advice.

She wanted a quick way to cook zucchini and had asked around and even checked Pinterest for a recipe, but hadn't found anything helpful.  I thought about her dilemma and asked her how comfortable she was using her broiler.  She immediately nodded, acknowledging that she hadn't thought of going that route.  I further explained that she would need to flip the vegetable (which was something she hadn't realized was necessary) and suggested some ways to prepare it that would make that easier.  She thanked me for my help and I was on my way.

I followed up with Chelsea this morning to see how it went.  Apparently, she hadn't been patient enough for the zucchini to get crispy, but it was fully cooked when she ate it.

I wasn't expecting the cooking question that I received, but it's nice to know that I have a reputation as a cooking expert and that I can live up to it.

No comments: