Friday, May 13, 2016

I Should Have Known!

I went to my divorce hearing today.  I had all of my paperwork, I was clean shaven, and I wore my new suit.  In other words, I was prepared.  I appeared before the magistrate and she listed all of the forms I had brought with me as evidence that I had done everything in the right order (so I hadn't needed to have brought my copies after all).

Then she asked if I had a witness to testify on my behalf.  I told her that I didn't, to which she replied that the case could not proceed without a witness.  Thankfully, she did not dismiss the case but instead had it rescheduled.  I will now be appearing next Monday (May 23) and Ian has already agreed to testify on my behalf.  According to the magistrate, all Ian needs to confirm is that I was married and was properly separated before filling for divorce.

It was silly of me to think that after so many hiccups along the way that the hearing go smoothly.  I wouldn't wish divorce on my worst enemy, but if I ever have to go through this again, you better believe I'll be using a lawyer.

1 comment:

Grandma Bonnie said...

So sorry! She is harder to got rid of than a case of the pocks. Choose wisely next time. You deserve the best.