Monday, January 6, 2014

(Somewhat) Renewed

I haven't written about it here on the blog, but since I've been out of work, I've been fight back worsening depression.  I did some side jobs here and there for people in the ward, but it was getting harder and harder to function.  I had trouble falling asleep and waking up, I was eating poorly, and I couldn't excise since I was still recovering from my seizure.  There was one week where I didn't shower for four days in a row, because I didn't have a reason to leave the house (that's my record as an adult, by the way).  I came to the conclusion just before Christmas that I needed to apply for unemployment, but because I'm new to the state, I have to physically go in to apply - I couldn't find the motivation to get myself to the unemployment office.

Running again helps, but I was still struggling.  Then, on Friday, I went to the Temple for Ward Temple Night.  It's very much what I needed.  While I know I'm not 100% again, I'm feeling far better than I have in ages.  Now, I have all of the required information for the unemployment office (addresses and dates of where I worked) and I'm ready to apply today.

I realize how pathetic it sounds that the big accomplishment before me today is applying for unemployment benefits, but that's how dark things got for me.  How grateful I am that I had and used the opportunity to attend the temple and allow the Lord to bless me with his Spirit.

No comments: