Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Career Building

I was planning on reporting on two job interviews that I had yesterday, but due to another snow storm, they were both postponed.  However, that doesn't mean that I don't have any good news to report.

One company, Gantech, sought me out for a technical writing position due to my profile on Career Builder.  The cool thing about this set-up is that they were impressed enough by my experience that they contacted me.  Every other time that I've found employment, either I've been contacted by an employment agency (like with Prometric) or I'm the one to initiate contact (like with RJM).  Plus, the commute would be around twenty minutes with traffic, which is a nice bonus.  The company rep and I will have a phone interview later today.

Another company contacted me through an employment agency for a contract position.  I'm less excited for this position, both because it's not permanent and because it's for project manager, but it would be really cool to have PayPal on my resume.  Also, the rep from the employment agency told me that PayPal has me as their top candidate, so I need to let them know if I have any other offers so they know if they need to move forward faster.  The commute isn't as nice as Gantech, but rather about what I had with Prometric.  We're currently on for an interview for this coming Monday.

While these are both interviews and not offers, I'm still excited just to have the ball rolling again.  I was let go from Prometric at a lousy time of year, but now everybody is finally starting to wake up from Christmas/New Year's Vacation.  If Prometric gets back to me soon (I have been in contact with them and they need to get their final budget from Accounting before they know when I can be brought back on), I'll be happy to go back, but it's really nice to know that that isn't my only option.

No comments: