Monday, June 24, 2013

Incognito

I finally made to my new ward yesterday.  While the experience was pleasant enough, one thing was rather surprising.  I went up to give my tithing to Bishop Peterson and he asked if we had met before.  I frankly asked if he was joking.  As it turned out, he really didn't recognize me.  I reminded him that he took me to the ER and sudden the light dawned on him.  I really did look different from that late night trip to the hospital.  In addition to wearing dress clothes, I was freshly shaven, wearing contact lenses rather than glasses, and I wasn't bright red.  Also, he said that I was so swollen at the time, that it looked like I had lost fifteen or twenty pounds since our last encounter (I had no idea the swelling was that bad!).  Strange encounter, but at least now he knows what I really look like.

No comments: