Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Irreplaceable

Yesterday at work, I took a picture of one of the lab technicians posed to like he was working (because what he was really working on at the time required he just sit at a computer).  The picture is for an upcoming ad and I had him look through a microscope, which I thought looked very scientificky.  As I was framing the shot and getting in the right position, the lab tech, Sean, commented that I have a lot of jobs in our office: technical writer, photographer, and videographer.  I smiled and confirmed that, yes, I utilize a lot of different skills for the company and it was all part of my plan to ensure my own job security.

"Yeah," I said, "I do a lot of different jobs, but that means I'll be harder to replace.  If they lose me, they'll have to hire three people to do all my jobs."

I have never felt more secure in at any other job than I do now, so job security's not really on my mind, but it's still a good idea to not just do your job well, but do a wide range of jobs well.  And the truth is of the matter is, the more I do for Danfoss, the more irreplaceable I'll be.

No comments: