Monday, October 25, 2010

Flossing, The power of

Oral hygiene is important to me, but let's face it: flossing sucks. I mean it's important and everything, but man is it annoying. With the other steps of cleaning my mouth, there are fewer steps. Like brushing my tongue requires only picking up the brush and applying it to my tongue. Similarly with teeth brushing, though the application of paste is required. But flossing, man, it's like its own little process. You've got to pull the floss out, you've got to wrap it around your hand, you've got to get all up in to your grill and wiggle it all about. (Show of hands: who's tired just reading that?)

Here's the thing, though. If I actually floss, I work harder on brushing. My mouth feels cleaner if I floss, but only indirectly so. Maybe it's all the effort of getting all up in there for one step that pushes me to just continue to be all up in there (last time I'll use the phrase "all up in there" this post, promise).

In an attempt to floss more, I bought some floss picks. You know what? It really is easier to floss with picks and I've been flossing every night for over a week now, which means that the rest of my mouth is cleaner, also.

So I guess that means that Allison and I should have corn on the cob for dinner soon. You know, to put flossing to the test. Updates to follow?

No comments: