Friday, February 19, 2016

Thematic Dreaming

I've been remembering my dreams lately and I've noticed a running theme: in many of them, I have a girlfriend.  Sometimes she's going with me on an adventure, sometimes she's sitting politely while I argue with someone else, sometimes she's talking to me and unknowingly preventing me from finding a restroom.  She never looks the same or has the same personality; sometimes she's not even present, I just know that I have a girlfriend somewhere.

I find it interesting that my subconscious is ready for my divorce to be finalized and for me to start dating.  I also think that its significant that I've only been dating and not married.  It's probably that my brain knows that dating comes next and is preparing me for it -- to put it another way, I've been looking forward to dating again and it's spilled into my dreams.

Thankfully, I shouldn't have to wait much longer.

No comments: