Monday, July 22, 2013

Medical Update

My latest visit to my doctor was on Friday and we talked about the results from the blood-work I had done as well as the results of the EEG.  The EEG results hadn't been sent to him, but he said he would call me if there was anything amiss and I haven't heard from him so I think it's all normal.  The blood-work showed that I have low levels of Vitamin D, which is weird because I should be getting enough sun; he agreed, but for some reason I'm not absorbing it, so I'll need to take a supplement.  Also, I'm ever so slightly anemic, so I'll need to take an iron supplement as well.  Otherwise, the only thing of note is that, while all of my cholesterol is low, my HDL or "good" cholesterol is a bit low, too.  Not enough that I need to alter my lifestyle in any way, but I should probably keep an eye on it.

We still don't know what I'm allergic to that has sent me to the hospital three times, though my doctor is pretty convinced that it's food related.  I have my appointment with the allergist on this coming Friday.  After I get to the bottom of the allergy, I have a referral for a neurologist already, so I'll only need to make the appointment.  It's a bit frustrating that it's taking so long to get any answers to what's wrong with me, but considering that I had my first reaction in March and only got health insurance in June and it's July, things are actually moving pretty quickly.

No comments: